Sunday, September 8, 2013

Keeneland September Yearling Sale; Kentucky Derby Leaderboard



The Keeneland September Yearling Sale, which runs from September 9-21, is the place to be if you’re looking to buy a potential Kentucky Derby horse.
Nine of the past 12 Triple Crown races have been won by Keeneland sales horses: Lookin At Lucky, DrosselmeyerAnimal KingdomShacklefordRuler On IceI’ll Have AnotherOxbow and Palace Malice. And the purchase price for a Derby horse ranges from the $1,200 paid for Canonero II, winner of the 1971 Kentucky Derby, to the $4 million that was paid for Fusaichi Pegasus, winner of the 2000 Kentucky Derby. Most recently, the 2012 Kentucky Derby winner I’ll Have Another was an $11,000 purchase at the September sale.
So, it’s possible for the small racing stable to have the same hopes and dreams of Derby glory – just like the big operations.
I know the pedigrees and bloodlines it takes to be a Classic Champion Thoroughbred. I’ll be at the sale and if you’d like for me to provide you with a shortlist of potential classic prospects, leave me your information on this blog or you can securely contact me at my Classic Champion Thoroughbreds website.
Anyone who’s followed my blog for any length of time knows that my study of Thoroughbred pedigrees and the late Federico Tesio, a world-renowned owner, breeder and trainer of Thoroughbred racehorses, has had a tremendous impact on my analysis of classic champion prospects. The result of that research is what I call the Classic Champion Thoroughbred Profile and it is a powerful tool I use to determine if a young colt has to potential to become a Classic Champion Thoroughbred.
In addition, the behavior of the horse or Emotional Conformation is the final piece of the breeding puzzle. Behavior was the key puzzle piece Tesio relied on to breed his numerous champion Thoroughbreds and, during his lifetime, he bred an incredible 21 Italiano Derby winners.
The Classic Champion Thoroughbred Profile and the Emotional Conformation of the horse are important tools that have enabled me to pick the classic champions Orb, I’ll Have Another, Animal Kingdom, Pour Moi, Super Saver, Lookin At Lucky, and Summer Bird. In 2012, all five horses I profiled in my Kentucky Derby blog finished in the top five.
My consulting service, Classic Champion Thoroughbreds, provides its clients with important information necessary to achieve their goals and realize their dreams of competing at the highest level. Every evaluation includes a detailed pedigree analysis and a Classic Champion Thoroughbred Profile of each horse that may be a classic racing prospect. Each analysis and profile draws upon the breeding theories of great Thoroughbred breeders as well as those of Classic Champion Thoroughbreds owner Calvin L. Carter.
Classic Champion Thoroughbreds serves the needs of its clients – helping them to eliminate “luck” in buying and breeding Thoroughbred Champions. In addition to bloodstock consulting, I can also help you with your printing and publishing projects. Whatever you need, be it flyers, brochures, reports, catalogs, newsletters, webpage content or book-length manuscripts, Calvin can put your ideas and stories on paper and find you a printer or publisher.
If you would like to buy a "Derby" horse at the Keeneland Sale or if you have a need for writing and publishing services, contact me and Classic Champion Thoroughbreds will work with you to realize your goals and dreams.
Or, if you would like to meet and get to know me better, that's fine too as I always like to make new friends.

*****
Kentucky Derby 2014 Leaderboard

Individual Leaders ranking, total points, Trainer
1 = Cleburne, 10, Dale Romans
2 = Smart Cover, 4, Dale Romans
3 = Tapiture, 2, Steve Asmussen
4 = Ride On Curlin, 1, William Gowan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Calvin,
    The fever is upon us early :) Cleburne is a BSB 1 . He was one of two BSB 1s in the Iroquois. As usual in PH I put the wrong one in 1st and the right one in 2nd :)

    I'm not predicting a derby win for him yet buttZ... it's nice to start the derby trail off the right way with a BSB 1 winner ;)

    Good luck
    BSB

    ReplyDelete